A 29 slide editable PowerPoint template to use when teaching older students about the structure and language features of biographical texts.
- an overview of the purpose and types of biographical texts
- an example biography about Sir Edmund Hillary
- an overview of what to include in a biography
- an explanation of the language features found in biographical texts, with examples taken from the sample biography.
Class, group and individual activities for students are also included.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
By the beginning of year 5, pupils should be able to read aloud a wider range of poetry and books written at an age-appropriate interest level with accuracy and at a reasonable speaking pace. They should be able to read most words effortlessly and to...
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) – Upper
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Upper covers students in Year 5 and Year 6.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!