An educational poster providing a rationale for teaching Australian children about Aboriginal languages.
Display this poster in your classroom as a reminder of the importance of integrating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives across the curriculum.
Why teach all Australian kids about Aboriginal languages?
Teaching Australian children about Aboriginal languages provides an important opportunity to:
- increase their understanding of and respect for local culture
- see the connections between language and place
- recognise patterns and use higher order analytical thinking skills
- learn about our shared national heritage and our country’s history
- contribute to the health of endangered languages.
A great addition to your collection of First Nations resources
The content in this poster addresses the cross-curricular priority of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Culture.