An educational poster providing a rationale for teaching Australian children about notable Aboriginal woman, Bunduk Marika.
Display this poster in your classroom as a reminder of the importance of integrating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives across the curriculum.
Why teach all Australian kids about notable Aboriginal woman, Bunduk Marika?
Teaching Australian children about Bunduk Marika provides a great opportunity to:
- learn about the Yolngu creation story
- understand the family connections in artworks
- develop critical and creative thinking
- develop intercultural understanding
- gain knowledge about the Yolngu language group
- challenge stereotypes about Aboriginal people.
A great addition to your collection of First Nations resources
The content in this poster addresses the cross-curricular priority of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Culture.