An educational poster providing a rationale for teaching Australian children about notable Aboriginal woman, Cathy Freeman.
Display this poster in your classroom as a reminder of the importance of integrating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives across the curriculum.
Why teach all Australian kids about notable Aboriginal woman, Cathy Freeman?
Teaching Australian children about Cathy Freeman provides a great opportunity to:
- learn about the achievements of an Aboriginal Olympian
- consider the effect Cathy Freeman has had on racism
- consider the importance of good role models
- learn about her charitable initiatives
- challenge stereotypes about who makes a sporting champion.
A great addition to your collection of First Nations resources
The content in this poster addresses the cross-curricular priority of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Culture.