An educational poster providing a rationale for teaching Australian children about David Unaipon.
Display this poster in your classroom as a reminder of the importance of integrating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives across the curriculum.
Why teach all Australian kids about notable Aboriginal, David Unaipon?
Teaching Australian children about David Unaipon provides a great opportunity to:
- know more about the man on the $50 note
- be inspired to learn and succeed as Unaipon did
- challenge stereotypes about Aboriginal people
- recognise media’s influence on public opinion
- gain knowledge about the Ngarrindjeri language group
- understand that many Aboriginal People had the product of their hard work stolen.
A great addition to your collection of First Nations resources
The content in this poster addresses the cross-curricular priority of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Culture.