An educational poster providing a rationale for teaching Australian children about notable Aboriginal woman, Oodgeroo Noonuccal.
Display this poster in your classroom as a reminder of the importance of integrating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives across the curriculum.
Why teach all Australian kids about notable Aboriginal woman, Oodgeroo Noonuccal?
Teaching Australian children about Oodgeroo Noonuccal provides a great opportunity to:
- challenge stereotypes about Aboriginal people
- learn from the life of a great role model
- appreciate that art forms like poetry can depict social histories
- observe how resilience and determination can overcome obstacles in life
- investigate past issues of democracy and citizenship for Aboriginal people
- see an earlier era of Australian history from a personal perspective.
A great addition to your collection of First Nations resources
The content in this poster addresses the cross-curricular priority of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Culture.
Australian Curriculum alignment
Wingaru Kids provides quality content created by Aboriginal people in an engaging format so that students are excited to learn authentic and accurate knowledge about Aboriginal people.
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!