An educational poster providing a rationale for teaching Australian children about strong Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women.
Display this poster in your classroom as a reminder of the importance of integrating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives across the curriculum.
Why teach all Australian kids about strong Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women?
Teaching Australian children about strong Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women provides a great opportunity to:
- dispel the myths held about Aboriginal communities
- discover that not all heroes are recognised in mainstream media
- see that role models come in all colours and genders
- be inspired to celebrate and emulate these strong and deadly women
- learn through literature written from the perspective of First Nations women
- appreciate the struggles Aboriginal people have faced and some of the women who fought hard to overcome them.
A great addition to your collection of First Nations resources
The content in this poster addresses the cross-curricular priority of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Culture.