An educational poster providing a rationale for teaching Australian children about strong Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women.
Display this poster in your classroom as a reminder of the importance of integrating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives across the curriculum.
Why teach all Australian kids about strong Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women?
Teaching Australian children about strong Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women provides a great opportunity to:
- dispel the myths held about Aboriginal communities
- discover that not all heroes are recognised in mainstream media
- see that role models come in all colours and genders
- be inspired to celebrate and emulate these strong and deadly women
- learn through literature written from the perspective of First Nations women
- appreciate the struggles Aboriginal people have faced and some of the women who fought hard to overcome them.
A great addition to your collection of First Nations resources
The content in this poster addresses the cross-curricular priority of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Culture.
Australian Curriculum alignment
Wingaru Kids provides quality content created by Aboriginal people in an engaging format so that students are excited to learn authentic and accurate knowledge about Aboriginal people.
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!