A maths warm-up booklet with ten pages of addition and subtraction questions.
Addition and Subtraction Warm-up Maths Drills
Use this booklet as part of your daily maths warm-up routine (3 days per week for 10 weeks!). Follow the suggested implementation below:
- Display a stopwatch on a screen for all students to see.
- Choose the round of Minute Maths that they will be doing, e.g. round 2 on page 3.
- Start the time.
- Once students complete the 20 questions of the round, they write their time below the round.
- When all students have finished, read out the answers for the round, students note down their number of errors.
Encourage students to improve on their previous time and reduce the number of errors made.
Mental Maths Booklet
- single digit addition
- single digit subtraction
- near doubles
- subtracting from 100
- double digit addition and subtraction.
Print the question pages of the document (pp. 1–11) using Adobe Reader’s ‘Booklet’ function to create an A5 sized booklet that only uses 3 pieces of paper! 🤯
Answers are included in the resource.
Looking for more? Check out the Multiplication and Division Minute Maths Booklet below!
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Addition and subtraction
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower covers students in Year 3 and Year 4.
The principal focus of mathematics teaching in lower key stage 2 is to ensure that pupils become increasingly fluent with whole numbers and the four operations, including number facts and the concept of place value. This should ensure that pupils dev...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Fixed the answers for Page 3 and Round 3 on Page 6.
Fix by Tom (Teach Starter) May 18th, 2021
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!