A maths mentals booklet with ten pages of multiplication and division questions.
Multiplication and Division Maths Warm-up Drills
This booklet is perfect to use as part of your daily maths warm-up routine when students need to practise recalling their multiplication facts. It can be used 3 days a week for 10 weeks! Here is a suggested implementation:
- Display a stopwatch on an interactive whiteboard or screen for all students to see.
- Decide on the round of Minute Maths the students will complete.
- Start the stopwatch.
- Once a student has completed the 20 questions of the round, they note down the time it took.
- When all students have finished, mark the round by reading out the answers. Students write down their number of errors.
Encourage students to beat their previous score!
Maths Mentals Booklet
- Terrific Twos
- Thrifty Threes
- Fancy Fours
- Funky Fives
- Super Sixes
- Sensational Sevens
- Excellent Eights
- Nifty Nines
- Triumphant Tens
- The Mega Mix (a mixture of all multiplication and division facts across each round).
How to Print Minute Maths Booklets
Print the cover and question pages of the document (pp. 1–11) using Adobe Reader’s ‘Booklet’ function. This creates an A5 sized booklet that only uses 3 pieces of paper! 🎉
Looking for more? Check out the Addition and Subtraction Minute Maths Booklet below!
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower covers students in Year 3 and Year 4.
The principal focus of mathematics teaching in lower key stage 2 is to ensure that pupils become increasingly fluent with whole numbers and the four operations, including number facts and the concept of place value. This should ensure that pupils dev...
- Multiplication and division
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!