A fun chatterbox template to help your students to review a book or narrative text.
Use this template to encourage your students to discuss their opinion on a storybook or narrative text of your choice.
Print a copy for each student to make and use as part of a literacy rotation activity.
Students make their chatterboxes then take turns playing with their chatterbox, applying a range of readers’ response strategies to answer the questions that correspond to the number under each flap.
The questions included in this activity are:
- What are the best parts of this text? Why?
- Do you think this is a good text? Explain your answer.
- Would you recommend this text to another class? Why?
- Which character was your favourite in the text? Explain why.
- How did the plot in this book make you feel? Why did you feel this way?
- What do you think might happen next in the text?
- In one minute, explain the storyline of this text.
- If you could introduce a new character to the story, who would it be and what role would they play?
Make a game out of this activity and see how many questions each student can answer in a minute!
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Editable versions are now available.
Addition by Paul (Teach Starter) Jun 1st, 2020
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!