Help your students review a book using this hands-on chatterbox.
A New Way to Review Great Books!
Looking for a book review template that’s out of the box? How about a chatterbox template!
Use this chatterbox template to encourage your students to discuss their opinions on a narrative text of your choice.
Print a copy for each student to make and use as part of a literacy rotation activity.
Students make their chatterboxes, then use it to answer the questions that correspond to the number under each flap.
The questions included in this activity are:
- What are the best parts of this text? Why?
- Do you think this is a good text? Explain your answer.
- Would you recommend this text to another class? Why?
- Which character was your favourite in the text? Explain why.
- How did the plot in this book make you feel? Why did you feel this way?
- What do you think might happen next in the text?
- In one minute, explain the storyline of this text.
- If you could introduce a new character to the story, who would it be and what role would they play?
Make a game out of this activity and see how many questions each student can answer in a minute!
Download to Start Chatting About Books!
This resource downloads in multiple formats. Use the Dropdown menu next to the Download button to access the following files:
- Colour PDF
- Black-and-white PDF
- Colour editable Word
- Black-and-white editable Word