A set of 7 posters displaying different decoding strategies.
- Eagle Eye – Look at the pictures to help you read the words.
- Stretchy Snake – Sound out the letters of the word. Then blend them together.
- Lips the Fish – Use your lips to make the first sound.
- Skippy Frog – Hop over a word you are not sure of, and then leap back.
- Chunky Monkey – Look for chunks that make sounds you know.
- Flippy Dolphin – Change the vowel sound to be long or short.
- Tryin’ Lion – Try again. Re-read the sentence.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 1 (KS1)
Key Stage 1 (KS1) covers students in Year 1 and Year 2.
English has a pre-eminent place in education and in society. A high-quality education in English will teach pupils to speak and write fluently so that they can communicate their ideas and emotions to others and through their reading and listening, ot...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!