A set of 7 posters displaying different decoding strategies.
- Eagle Eye – Look at the pictures to help you read the words.
- Stretchy Snake – Sound out the letters of the word. Then blend them together.
- Lips the Fish – Use your lips to make the first sound.
- Skippy Frog – Hop over a word you are not sure of, and then leap back.
- Chunky Monkey – Look for chunks that make sounds you know.
- Flippy Dolphin – Change the vowel sound to be long or short.
- Tryin’ Lion – Try again. Re-read the sentence.