A set of 7 posters displaying different decoding strategies.
- Eagle Eye – Look at the pictures to help you read the words.
- Stretchy Snake – Sound out the letters of the word. Then blend them together.
- Lips the Fish – Use your lips to make the first sound.
- Skippy Frog – Hop over a word you are not sure of, and then leap back.
- Chunky Monkey – Look for chunks that make sounds you know.
- Flippy Dolphin – Change the vowel sound to be long or short.
- Tryin’ Lion – Try again. Re-read the sentence.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
English has a pre-eminent place in education and in society. A high-quality education in English will teach pupils to speak and write fluently so that they can communicate their ideas and emotions to others and through their reading and listening, ot...
- Key Stage 1 (KS1)
Key Stage 1 (KS1) covers students in Year 1 and Year 2.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!