A set of 3 worksheets to help your students identify descriptive and figurative language in narrative texts.
Students read the three narrative texts provided and identify the descriptive and figurative language features. These include:
- using a range of verb types, written in past tense
- using adjectives and adverbs to describe nouns and verbs
- using imagery (simile, metaphor, personification, onomatopoeia)
- using emotive words and phrases
- using direct speech
- using connecting words and phrases to link events together.
The texts included are:
- The Thunderstorm
- The Forest Path
- The Park.
Answers for teachers are also provided.