Part of a series of inference scenario worksheets to use when teaching your students how to infer information from images.
Inferring is a valuable skill for students to apply when engaging with and responding to texts.
This worksheet provides an inference scenario and a series of questions which will prompt the students to answer questions about what is going on in the scenario and to decide whether they have used inference or prediction in giving their answers. The questions asked are:
- Where is the robotic duck taking the plate of food?
- What will happen if the cleaning duck sweeps up the spider?
- How is the captain of the ship feeling?
- Why is the duck on the right-hand side of the picture saluting?
- What do you think the surrounding ships in space are doing?
- What is the destination of the spaceship?
- What do the controls under the captain’s fist do?
- What is the control station in front of the captain used for?