Part of a series of inference scenario worksheets to use when teaching your students how to infer information from images.
Inferring is a valuable skill for students to apply when engaging with and responding to texts.
This worksheet provides an inference scenario and a series of questions which will prompt the students to answer questions about what is going on in the scenario and to decide whether they have used inference or prediction in giving their answers. The questions asked are:
- Where is the robotic duck taking the plate of food?
- What will happen if the cleaning duck sweeps up the spider?
- How is the captain of the ship feeling?
- Why is the duck on the right-hand side of the picture saluting?
- What do you think the surrounding ships in space are doing?
- What is the destination of the spaceship?
- What do the controls under the captain’s fist do?
- What is the control station in front of the captain used for?
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
Plan to inspire every child with hundreds of teacher planning and wellness stickers or one of two merit sticker books. Get your free book with a Teach Plus plan.Upgrade to Teach Plus and claim → Learn more
Free Sticker Books Terms & Conditions: The free sticker book offer is only available for 1 claim per active Plus & Ultimate plan members during the promotional period commencing on the 6th December 2019 and closes when stocks run out. To claim the promotional gift, claimants must validate their postal address via our online form. Teach Starter reserves the right to change, amend or end a promotion at any time without notice.
Find more resources for these topics
English Language Arts and ReadingReadingComprehension SkillsMetacognitive SkillsWorksheetsReading Comprehension StrategiesMaking PredictionsReading Center ActivitiesReading Small Group ActivitiesInferencing
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!