A fun marsupial-themed classroom display to help your students correct sentence punctuation.
Your students will love to place each sentence into the pouch of the matching marsupial!
This resource comes a Punctuation in a Pouch banner, 4 marsupials with pouches, and 40 sentence strips with punctuation that needs correcting, including:
- full stops
- question marks
- exclamation marks
- capital letters.
- Cut out each punctuation pouch and attach it to its matching marsupial with glue or tape.
- Provide students with one or more sentence strips and ask them to place it in its matching pouch.
- If a sentence has more than one pouch, re-write the sentence on another strip to place both versions in their matching pouches.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Early Years Foundation Stage
- Vocabulary, grammar and punctuation
- Communication, language and literacy
Children use their phonic knowledge to write words in ways which match their spoken sounds. They also write some irregular common words. They write simple sentences which can be read by themselves and others. Some words are spelt correctly and o...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!