A set of 5 posters explaining the concepts behind reducing, reusing, recycling, rethinking and repairing waste.
Display these posters when learning about sustainability.
Use in conjunction with the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rethink and Repair – Brainstorming Sheets.
Download options include full colour, low colour and black and white.
Information on posters includes:
Reduce – How can I help to reduce waste?
- I can buy packaging that can be used more than once.
- I can buy in bulk.
- I can choose products that have less packaging.
- I can eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.
- I can take my own produce bags and green bags to the supermarket.
Reuse – How can I reuse what I already have?
- I can use the packaging or materials in different ways.
- I can use old print-outs as scrap paper.
- I may already have something I can use, rather than buying something new.
- I can take a reusable water bottle with me.
Recycle – What products can I recycle?
- Metals aluminium and steel, such as fizzy drink cans, pet food cans, aerosol cans.
- Start a compost bin to put all food scraps in.
- Glass bottles and jars
- Cardboard and paper
- All firm plastic containers, such as water bottles and milk containers.
- Remember to wash all containers before putting them in the recycling bin.
Rethink – How do I see waste?
- I can buy packaging that can be can be used more than once.
- I can think about the impact I am having on the planet.
- I can rethink the way I dispose of waste.
- I can rethink the amount of energy I use daily.
Repair – Can I fix it before just throwing it away?
- Could it be made into something else?
- Could somebody use it for parts?
- Do I really need a new one?
- Can I give it to someone else to fix?
Read our blog45 Sustainable Practices for the Environmentally Friendly Classroomfor more tips and ideas for teaching the principles ofSustainability.