A set of 5 posters explaining the concepts behind reducing, reusing, recycling, rethinking and repairing waste.
Display these posters when learning about sustainability.
Use in conjunction with the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rethink and Repair – Brainstorming Sheets.
Download options include full colour, low colour and black and white.
Information on posters includes:
Reduce – How can I help to reduce waste?
- I can buy packaging that can be used more than once.
- I can buy in bulk.
- I can choose products that have less packaging.
- I can eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.
- I can take my own produce bags and green bags to the supermarket.
Reuse – How can I reuse what I already have?
- I can use packaging or materials in different ways.
- I can use old print-outs as scrap paper.
- I may already have something I can use, rather than buying something new.
- I can take a reusable water bottle with me.
Recycle – What products can I recycle?
- Metals – aluminium and steel, such as soft drink cans, pet food cans, aerosol cans.
- Start a compost bin to put all food scraps in.
- Glass bottles and jars
- Cardboard and paper
- All firm plastic containers, such as water bottles and milk containers.
- Remember to wash all containers before putting them in the recycling bin.
Rethink – How do I see waste?
- I can buy packaging that can used more than once.
- I can think about the impact I am having on the planet.
- I can rethink the way I dispose of waste.
- I can rethink the amount of energy I use daily.
Repair – Can I fix it before just throwing it away?
- Could it be made into something else?
- Could somebody use it for parts?
- Do I really need a new one?
- Can I give it to someone else to fix?
Read our blog 45 Sustainable Practices for the Environmentally Friendly Classroom for more tips and ideas for teaching the principles of Sustainability.
Use the drop-down menu to select the following download options:How do I print this teaching resource?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!