Explain the concepts behind reducing, reusing, recycling, rethinking and repairing waste with a set of printable sustainability posters.
Teach Recycling at School with Printable Classroom Posters
Display these handy recycling posters for the classroom when learning about sustainability.
Use in conjunction with the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rethink and Repair – Brainstorming Sheets.
Download options include full colour, low colour and black and white.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rethink and Repair Ideas for Kids
Information on posters includes:
Reduce — How can I help to reduce waste?
- I can buy packaging that can be used more than once.
- I can buy in bulk.
- I can choose products that have less packaging.
- I can eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.
- I can take my own produce bags and green bags to the supermarket.
Reuse – How can I reuse what I already have?
- I can use packaging or materials in different ways.
- I can use old print-outs as scrap paper.
- I may already have something I can use, rather than buying something new.
- I can take a reusable water bottle with me.
Recycle — What products can I recycle?
- Metals – aluminium and steel, such as soft drink cans, pet food cans, aerosol cans.
- Start a compost bin to put all food scraps in.
- Glass bottles and jars
- Cardboard and paper
- All firm plastic containers, such as water bottles and milk containers.
- Remember to wash all containers before putting them in the recycling bin.
Rethink — How do I see waste?
- I can buy packaging that can used more than once.
- I can think about the impact I am having on the planet.
- I can rethink the way I dispose of waste.
- I can rethink the amount of energy I use daily.
Repair — Can I fix it before just throwing it away?
- Could it be made into something else?
- Could somebody use it for parts?
- Do I really need a new one?
- Can I give it to someone else to fix?
More Recycling Resources for Your Classroom
Sustain the focus on recycling in the classroom with more help from our teacher team!
Display different ways to conserve resources with a set of handy recycling–based foldable interactive notebook templates.
Posters outlining what can be put in the different types of bins.
Explore the process of recycling plastic with a printable recycling worksheet.