An interactive activity to help students practise writing simple, compound and complex sentences.
Liven up your grammar lessons with this engaging roll and write activity! This resource allows students to practise writing simple, compound and complex sentences on a range of familiar and engaging topics.
1. Roll the dice. Match the number rolled with the corresponding row on the chart.
2. Write a simple sentence about the topic you land on.
3. Continue the process by rolling the dice, then writing the correct type of sentence for each roll
about the topics you land on.
4. Read out your six sentences as a completed, crazy paragraph!
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) – Upper
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Upper covers students in Year 5 and Year 6.
By the beginning of year 5, pupils should be able to read aloud a wider range of poetry and books written at an age-appropriate interest level with accuracy and at a reasonable speaking pace. They should be able to read most words effortlessly and to...
- Vocabulary, grammar and punctuation
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!