3 worksheets teaching students how to link ideas when writing narrative paragraphs.
Cohesion is an important part of narrative writing. Use these worksheets to show how linking devices, such as phrases, clauses and time connectives, can help to link ideas in a narrative paragraph.
This teaching resource include activities, such as:
- locating and underlining the linking devices within a narrative paragraph
- building onto a sentence by adding a connecting phrase or clause
- adding the correct linking device to sentences within a narrative paragraph
- matching the correct sentence beginning to the correct sentence ending.
Answer sheets are also provided.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower covers students in Year 3 and Year 4.
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) – Upper
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Upper covers students in Year 5 and Year 6.
By the beginning of year 5, pupils should be able to read aloud a wider range of poetry and books written at an age-appropriate interest level with accuracy and at a reasonable speaking pace. They should be able to read most words effortlessly and to...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!