Dear Teachers, Parents and Guardians,
As the global impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, both our Teach Starter members’ success in and out of the classroom, and our team’s well-being are paramount.
Our hearts go out to the people affected and we appreciate those around the world who are on the front line working to contain the virus.
We understand the importance of maintaining children’s education through this disruption, and we are in the fortunate position of having a digital product that can quickly be made available to people all over the world.
Teach Starter’s purpose is to Make Every Classroom Buzz. Whether that classroom is in a school, or a in living room at home, we’re here to ensure that children deeply engage with learning.
Please use this blog as your central source of information regarding Teach Starter’s actions in supporting teachers, parents and students during this event.
- Weekly Learning From Home Timetables
- Online Lesson Builder
- Community Support
- 50+ Page Learning From Home Packs
- Support for Parents Affected by School Closures
- Additional Links & Resources
- Teach Starter’s Business Continuity Plan
To ease the stress of teachers and students, the Teach Starter team is compiling free weekly Learning From Home Packs for K–6 students. Each Learning From Home Pack is year-level specific and is broken down into scheduled sessions.
The packs include:
- an editable daily timetable with suggested sessions
- an accessible overview, written in language that Parents/Guardians and Teachers can follow
- digitally accessible, curriculum-aligned resources, including worksheets, activities and answers where needed
The first weekly packs are available here:
The second weekly packs are available here:
The third weekly packs are available here:
The fourth weekly packs are available here:
You are welcome to provide your students and parents with these packs via whichever method best suits your needs, including uploading to Google Drive.
Our Learning From Home Packs have been designed to complement the processes and requirements of your School or Education Department, but they should not be used in place of these. Please consult your School or Education Department if you have questions.
Home learning doesn’t have to be scary. We’ve developed a wonderful online tool for teaching from home that will keep your students engaged and make planning online lessons a breeze. Please welcome the FREE Online Lesson Builder.
Our builder lets you create as many lessons as you desire. You can even access them all from the easy-to-navigate hub! Not only this but once you’ve shared your lessons with your students, they’ll be able to access and download the Teach Starter resources without needing to create a Teach Starter account. Check out Emma’s blog on how to teach online with our lesson builder.
We understand how critical it is to support each other during these challenging times. We will be continuing to assist teachers through our social media, blogs and our customer support channels.
- Read The Chalkboard Blog for tips.
- Stay connected with the teaching community via our Facebook or Instagram pages or listen to our Podcast, For The Love Of Teaching.
- If you have any questions, or if we can help you further, please contact [email protected] We are happy to assist.
Rest assured that we are committed to supporting our community in times of hardship. Please use this blog as your central source of information regarding Teach Starter’s actions in helping teachers, parents and students during this unprecedented event.
The Teach Starter team will continually reassess how we provide support to teachers and parents and will adjust accordingly.
Our team has created a series of free Learning From Home Packs for each year level from Prep to Year 6 to support teachers and parents during potential school closures.
These teaching resource packs have been handpicked by the Teach Starter team to include a range of resources that can be completed at home by children with the assistance of their parents or guardians.
The packs include resources covering the key learning areas of English, Maths and Science, along with some additional craft and mindfulness activities – all for free!
We’ve have now completed our second volume of these packs. You can download for free below. Just click on the pack you need.
In the event of a school closure, these packs can be sent home with students or passed on directly to parents and guardians digitally to allow students to complete the work remotely with minimal preparation and supervision.
The packs are designed to allow for non-teachers to understand and implement the activities in a home environment without requiring additional resources found in a classroom. The pack can be completed digitally on a tablet/iPad or with pen and paper when printed.
Support for Parents Affected by School Closures
If you are a parent and new to Teach Starter, welcome! Teach Starter provides an extensive collection of digital teaching resources for primary school teachers to use with their students. These resources are professionally designed by a team of experienced teachers, illustrators, designers and editors, to ensure that they are high-quality, curriculum aligned and ready to use in the classroom.
Many of our resources are also suitable for students to complete independently or with assistance from an adult. To assist parents in finding suitable resources, we have put together a range of year-level specific Learning From Home resource packs that can be downloaded for free.
Alternatively, you can search for resources using the search bar in the top left hand corner, and filter by your child’s year level on the search results page to ensure that the teaching resources you are viewing are age appropriate.
If you have any questions along the way, please reach out to the Teach Starter team at any time by clicking on the speech bubble icon in the bottom right hand corner or emailing [email protected] We’re always happy to help!
Helpful Links & Resources
- World Health Organization for global updates on the Coronavirus
- A brilliant list of Free Educational Resources being offered due to School Closures
- Free Learning From Home Resource Packs for Teachers and Parents
- Free Teaching Resources suitable for Learning From Home in the event of School Closure
Business Continuity at Teach Starter
We have put in place a number of measures to protect our employees, both for their safety and to ensure the availability of the Teach Starter platform and customer support operations. We are maintaining a business continuity plan, and we have taken the following steps:
- We have formed an internal COVID-19 working group to ensure we are keeping our employees’ and customers’ needs top of mind.
- We have allowed for employees to take advantage of flexible working arrangement, including working remotely from home.
- As a safety precaution we have postponed all Teach Starter community meet-up events across Australia and overseas.
- We continue to monitor the World Health Organization, Centers of Disease Control (U.S), and Australian Federal and State Government recommendations and to share this information with our team.
Thank you for your patience and support during this time. We will continue to provide you with the support you need to ensure that your students’ education remains our shared priority. Let’s continue making every classroom buzz!
If you wish to contact us during this time, please email [email protected] and we will be happy to help.
Scott Tonges & Jill Snape
Teach Starter Co-founders