Plan your best year yet. This back-to-school pack for year 5 teachers has everything you need to be classroom-ready on your first day!
The ultimate Year 5 back-to-school pack for teachers is here!
Back-to-School Packs for Year 5 Teachers
Make your planning for back-to-school a breeze in 2023! We have handpicked a whopping 20 Year 5 teaching resources and bundled them up into a handy back-to-school teaching pack. These carefully selected resources from across the curriculum will inspire your teaching for the first days and weeks of the new year… and beyond.
Get the perfect look by decorating your classroom with beautifully illustrated border trimmers, labels and signs. Add educational posters and other display items to make your classroom shine.
Our engaging start-of-term activities will encourage your class members to get to know each other, warm-up their young minds and help them settle into new routines.
Included Year 5 Resources:
- Essentials from our popular Llama and Cactus Classroom Theme Pack
- Year 5 Daily Warm-Up – PowerPoint 1. This teaching resource will go a long way towards setting you up for the best year ever! It includes 50 literacy and numeracy warm-ups! So that’s one warm-up a day for ten weeks of inspired learning!
- Let’s Cooperate Code Cracker – Upper Primary. This teaching resource includes an introductory poem, six puzzle activities and a final riddle. Students work in groups to solve each puzzle in order to reveal 6 numbers. Next, students combine the numbers and work out the number order to open a lock combination.
- Australian Gold Rush: Gold Fever – Teaching Presentation. This teaching presentation explores the origins of the Australian Gold Rush. This PowerPoint presentation introduces students to the discovery of gold in Australia in the mid-1800s. Students will embark on a journey that details the excitement, fears and challenges surrounding the Australian Gold Rush and how it shaped the modern Australia we know.
- Year 5 Magazine – What’s Buzzing? (First Edition) and the corresponding Year 5 Magazine – “What’s Buzzing?” (First Edition) Task Cards
- Emotional Self-Regulation Poster
- Paragraph Study Punctuation Interactive PowerPoint
- Value Your Place Active Learning
- Word of the Week Flip Book - Year 5
- The Science of Independent Learning — Printable Classroom Poster
- HOT (Higher-order Thinking) Questions Wall
- Grammar Sentence Challenge Worksheet
- Colour Adjectives Word Wall
- Llama and Cactus - Happy Birthday Chart
- Llama and Cactus - Border Trimmers
- Llama and Cactus - Job Chart
- Llama and Cactus - Award Certificate
- Llama and Cactus - Tray Labels
- Home Investigators Inquiry Tasks - Year 5
- Year 5 Daily Warm-Up – PowerPoint 1
- Year 5 Magazine - "What's Buzzing?" (Issue 1) Task Cards
- Australian Gold Rush: Gold Fever – Teaching Presentation
- Five Wonders Theme Park: Slither House Sketch – Project
- Year 5 Magazine - What's Buzzing? (Issue 1)
- Let's Cooperate Code Cracker - Upper Primary