Get the beach themed classroom decor you need in one easy bundle stocked with more than 20 different teacher must-haves to bring the sun and sand into your decorating.
Ride the Wave With Beach Themed Classroom Decor
Bring fun and the sun into the classroom this year with beach-themed classroom decor that makes every day feel like the summer holidays! This bundle of printable and digital decorations has everything you need to turn even the drabbest room into an inviting tropical paradise.
From alphabet posters to student desk tags, happy birthday charts to printable letters and bulletin board cut-outs, this beach decor bundle has more than 20 different resources for setting up a room where students are welcomed with a sunny outlook every day. Pick and choose the items that are just right for your room.
How to Create a Beach Themed Classroom
The Teach Starter teacher team has created this classroom theme pack with the entire school year in mind, so you’ll find more than just the basic decor. There are even digital teaching slides with a beachy theme, plus job charts, letter and number bunting and more. And we didn’t stop there!
We’ve put together a few of our favourite tips to create your beach-themed classroom:
- Create an Isolation Island chill-out corner. Creating a chill-out zone or calm down corner in the classroom offers students a place to practise emotional regulation and work on their coping skills. If you’re planning to add one to your room this year, make it more inviting by extending the beach theme into the space. Use your letter cut-outs to label the space ‘Isolation Island,’ and add a sensory bottle filled with blue liquid to mimic the water. You might even want to extend the island theme to your reading corner, labelling it the Readers’ Island!
- Use sand buckets to hold supplies or work. Purchase sand buckets at a cheap shop, and you’ve got beachy storage perfect for classroom supplies. You may be able to find enough colourful buckets for each student to have their own. Mount the buckets on the wall, and you have a station where students can pick up morning work each day.
- Celebrate your star(fish) students. Rather than nominating a student of the week or student of the month, why not set up a star(fish) student display to bring a touch of the beach to rewarding students for their hard work?
- Bring a boating element to your classroom jobs. Set up your classroom jobs chart, and use the printable letters in this bundle to label it ‘Captain’s Crew’ or ‘All Hands on Deck.’
Beach Bulletin Board Ideas for the Classroom
Have you been eyeing the bulletin board letters and cut-outs included in your new theme pack? Here are some fun beach bulletin board ideas you can use to set up displays with your new resources!
- Surf’s Up in [Year Level/Class Name]
- Makin’ Waves in [Year Level/Class Name]
- We Have a Bright Year Ahead (feature these fun and funky suns)
- Let’s Make Waves
- This Year Will Be Buckets of Fun
- Get Hooked on Reading (with a fishing theme)
- Making Waves With Our Education
- This Class Is Making a Splash
- You’re Sandtastic
- The Future’s So Bright, We Have to Wear Shades (use colourful sunnies)
More Beach Themed Activities for the Classroom
You don’t have to stop with decor. Bring beachy vibes into the classroom with some of our teacher team’s favourite resources:
Practise breaking words into their phonemes with this fun beach-themed interactive activity.
A beach-themed hands-on activity to introduce graphing skills.
Excite your students to get writing with this summer-themed narrative writing and craft activity.