A printable Harmony Day craft activity to complete with your students.
Create a beautiful floral display in your classroom for Harmony Day.
Print the lotus petals of the template on orange card and the lotus pad pages on green.
- After a class discussion on cultural diversity, provide each student with a Lotus Flower Petal.
- Inform the students that they will decorate the flowers with words associated with Harmony Day and diversity. Display the Harmony Day Word Wall if necessary.
- Allow the students to decorate their lotus flower petal, writing a few words on the unshaded section.
- Once the students have finished, encourage them to share the words they have written with the class.
- Have students find others with different petal pieces that can be combined to create the lotus flower.
- Once a group of students has combined their petals correctly, provide them with a lotus pad where they can write a new word.
- Stick the lotus pad and petals onto card or add them to a Harmony Day display.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
Australian Curriculum alignment
Days and weeks celebrated or commemorated in Australia (including Australia Day, Anzac Day, and National Sorry Day) and the importance of symbols and emblems
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!