A printable Harmony Day craft activity to complete with your students.
Create a beautiful floral display in your classroom for Harmony Day.
Print the lotus petals of the template on orange card and the lotus pad pages on green.
- After a class discussion on cultural diversity, provide each student with a Lotus Flower Petal.
- Inform the students that they will decorate the flowers with words associated with Harmony Day and diversity. Display the Harmony Day Word Wall if necessary.
- Allow the students to decorate their lotus flower petal, writing a few words on the unshaded section.
- Once the students have finished, encourage them to share the words they have written with the class.
- Have students find others with different petal pieces that can be combined to create the lotus flower.
- Once a group of students has combined their petals correctly, provide them with a lotus pad where they can write a new word.
- Stick the lotus pad and petals onto card or add them to a Harmony Day display.