A comprehensive resource pack helping students explore the concept of figurative language.
Being able to interpret figurative language is an important comprehension strategy for students to understand.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Interpret Figurative Language Poster
- Figurative Language Poster Pack
- Figurative Language – Football Worksheet
- Figurative Language – Self Portrait Activity
- Figurative Language – Sorting Worksheet
- Onomatopoeia Word Wall Vocabulary Cards – Blank
- Interpreting Figurative Language – Comprehension Task
- Elements of Poetry Worksheet – Figurative Language
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower covers students in Year 3 and Year 4.
By the beginning of year 3, pupils should be able to read books written at an age-appropriate interest level. They should be able to read them accurately and at a speed that is sufficient for them to focus on understanding what they read rather than ...
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) – Upper
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Upper covers students in Year 5 and Year 6.
By the beginning of year 5, pupils should be able to read aloud a wider range of poetry and books written at an age-appropriate interest level with accuracy and at a reasonable speaking pace. They should be able to read most words effortlessly and to...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!