A comprehensive resource pack helping students explore the concept of figurative language.
Being able to interpret figurative language is an important comprehension strategy for students to understand.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Interpret Figurative Language Poster
- Figurative Language Poster Pack
- Figurative Language – Soccer Worksheet
- Figurative Language – Self Portrait Activity
- Figurative Language – Sorting Worksheet
- Onomatopoeia Word Wall Vocabulary Cards – Blank
- Interpreting Figurative Language – Comprehension Task
- Elements of Poetry – Figurative Language
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative language such as metaphors and similes.
Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of a specific word choice on meaning and tone
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!