A collection of number talks teaching resources that support meaningful and highly engaging conversations in the mathematics classroom.
Number talks are daily maths activities that allow students to have meaningful and highly engaging conversations about mathematics. Incorporating these short, ten-minute daily exercises into your classroom routine not only helps students develop mental maths skills and flexible thinking about numbers and operations, but also provides opportunities for them to investigate and apply mathematical connections and relationships.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Number Talks – Double Digit Addition Task Cards
- Number Talks – Place Value Task Cards
- Number Talks – Near, Far, and in Between Task Cards
- Number Talks – Making Numbers Task Cards
- Number Talks – How Many Task Cards
- Number Talks – Fluency to 20 Task Cards
- Number Talks – Double Digit Subtraction Task Cards
- Number Talks – Sentence Starters Poster Pack
- Number Talks – Hand Signal Poster Pack
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 1 (KS1)
Key Stage 1 (KS1) covers students in Year 1 and Year 2.
The principal focus of mathematics teaching in key stage 1 is to ensure that pupils develop confidence and mental fluency with whole numbers, counting and place value. This should involve working with numerals, words and the four operations, includin...
- Number and place value
- Addition and subtraction
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!