A collection of number talks teaching resources that support meaningful and highly engaging conversations in the mathematics classroom.
Number talks are daily math activities that allow students to have meaningful and highly engaging conversations about mathematics. Incorporating these short, ten-minute daily exercises into your classroom routine not only helps students develop mental math and flexible thinking about numbers and operations, but also provides opportunities for them to investigate and apply mathematical connections and relationships.
This teaching resource pack supports number talks in the classroom with a range of task cards, a set of hand signal posters, and sentence starters for students to use in their conversations.
- Number Talks - Place Value Task Cards
- Number Talks - Near, Far, and in Between Task Cards
- Number Talks - Making Numbers Task Cards
- Number Talks - How Many Task Cards
- Number Talks - Fluency to 20 Task Cards
- Number Talks - Double Digit Addition Task Cards
- Number Talks - Sentence Starters Poster Pack
- Number Talks - Hand Signal Poster Pack
Write a review to help other teachers and parents like yourself. If you'd like to request a change to this resource, or report an error, select the corresponding tab above.