A 17 slide editable PowerPoint Template to use when teaching your students how to add and subtract fractions.
This PowerPoint presentation has been designed to teach your students, step by step, how to add and subtract like and unlike fractions. It covers the following content:
- Revision of what fractions are; and what each part of a fraction represents.
- A clear explanation of how to add and subtract like fractions, including annotated examples.
- A clear explanation of how to add and subtract unlike fractions, including annotated examples.
- Review questions for students, with answers.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Fractions (including decimals and percentages)
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) – Upper
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Upper covers students in Year 5 and Year 6.
The principal focus of mathematics teaching in upper key stage 2 is to ensure that pupils extend their understanding of the number system and place value to include larger integers. This should develop the connections that pupils make between multipl...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!