A 21 slide editable PowerPoint template to use when teaching discounts to your students.
This PowerPoint presentation has been designed to teach your students how to calculate simple discounts (10%, 25%, 50%) by converting the discount to either a fraction or a decimal. It covers the following content:
- an introduction to discounts, including some everyday examples of when discounts may be applied
- an explanation of how to calculate discounts by converting the discount rate to a fraction
- an explanation of how to calculate discounts by converting the discount rate to a decimal
- an explanation of how to calculate sale price by subtracting the discount
- example questions to be completed as a class
- review questions for students to complete independently.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) – Upper
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Upper covers students in Year 5 and Year 6.
The principal focus of mathematics teaching in upper key stage 2 is to ensure that pupils extend their understanding of the number system and place value to include larger integers. This should develop the connections that pupils make between multipl...
- Fractions (including decimals and percentages)
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!