A create your own booklet for students to use when identifying and recording numbers from different environments.
Use this teaching resource in the classroom when identifying numbers within different environments.
Students create their own ‘I Can See Numbers Everywhere!’ booklet to record the numbers they can see when they are:
- in the classroom
- one the playground
- on their way to school
- at the shops
- using the phone.
Students use the last page to choose their own environment to find numbers and finish the sentence ‘I can see numbers… ‘
To make the booklets:
- Print off a worksheet for each student.
- Cut the dotted line between pages 2, 3, 6 and 7.
- Cut around the outside border of the worksheet.
- Fold the worksheet in half.
- Fold along each verticle line, then push the pages together so that all the pages are on the outside, creating a ‘t’ shape.
- Sort the pages, so that the title page is at the front and the Teach Starter logo is at the back, with the page numbers in order from 1 to 6, creating a little booklet.
Use the booklets as a whole class activity or homework task when teaching numbers and place value.