A bookmark which is a handy guide for students to use when choosing books to read.
Foster a genuine love of reading by helping your students select books which will engage them. These bookmarks provide simple steps to follow and hints on deciding the level of difficulty. The steps include:
- checking out the cover
- having a look at the title
- taking note of the author
- opening the book and flicking through
- selecting a page and reading it
- using the five finger test for level of difficulty
- deciding whether the book seems interesting
The student’s motivation to read the book is highlighted as the most important aspect of book selection.
For more ideas on reading engagement, visit our blog.