Help students make choices about which books to read with this handy bookmark.
Choosing the Right Book is Half the Battle!
Foster a genuine love of reading by helping your students select books that will engage them!
These bookmarks provide simple steps for students to follow when trying to choose the right book for them. Steps and hints include:
- Checking out the cover
- Having a look at the title
- Taking note of the author
- Opening the book and flicking through
- Selecting a page and reading it
- Using the five finger test for level of difficulty
- Deciding whether the book seems interesting
The student’s motivation to read the book is highlighted as the most important aspect of book selection.
Choose Your Preferred File Format
Use the dropdown menu next to the Download button to choose between the full-colour or black-and-white version of this resource.
For more ideas on reading engagement, visit our blog.