A set of 7 posters that display different decoding strategies.
- Envision – Uses pictures to help read the words.
- Dr Stretch – Sounds out each letter of the word and then blends them together.
- Numero Uno – Focuses on saying the first sound.
- Leaper – Leaps over unknown words and the returns to the start.
- Chunkinator – Break words into chunks of letters that make known sounds.
- Flipster – Flips the vowel sound to be long or short.
- Re-tracer – Re-traces reading and begins the sentence again, this time trying something different.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
By the beginning of year 3, pupils should be able to read books written at an age-appropriate interest level. They should be able to read them accurately and at a speed that is sufficient for them to focus on understanding what they read rather than ...
By the beginning of year 5, pupils should be able to read aloud a wider range of poetry and books written at an age-appropriate interest level with accuracy and at a reasonable speaking pace. They should be able to read most words effortlessly and to...
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower covers students in Year 3 and Year 4.
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) – Upper
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Upper covers students in Year 5 and Year 6.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!