A set of 7 posters that display different decoding strategies.
- Envision – Uses pictures to help read the words.
- Dr Stretch – Sounds out each letter of the word and then blends them together.
- Numero Uno – Focuses on saying the first sound.
- Leaper – Leaps over unknown words and the returns to the start.
- Chunkinator – Break words into chunks of letters that make known sounds.
- Flipster – Flips the vowel sound to be long or short.
- Re-tracer – Re-traces reading and begins the sentence again, this time trying something different.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower covers students in Year 3 and Year 4.
By the beginning of year 3, pupils should be able to read books written at an age-appropriate interest level. They should be able to read them accurately and at a speed that is sufficient for them to focus on understanding what they read rather than ...
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) – Upper
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Upper covers students in Year 5 and Year 6.
By the beginning of year 5, pupils should be able to read aloud a wider range of poetry and books written at an age-appropriate interest level with accuracy and at a reasonable speaking pace. They should be able to read most words effortlessly and to...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!