Practise finding sums up to 12 with this fun Halloween Maths Game for Key Stage 1!
Decorate a Pumpkin With An Exciting Halloween Maths Game!
As Halloween draws near, why not add a dash of excitement to your classroom with games that sneakily sharpen maths skills? Your pupils can decorate their own pumpkin without the mess… all whilst practising addition facts! This Halloween, let’s trade the ordinary for the extraordinary. By embedding play into learning, we can help our pupils learn addition facts while having fun. This Pumpkin-decorating game is more than just entertainment – it’s a brain-boosting activity that makes numbers come alive.
Pair Up, Roll the Dice, and Start ‘Pumpkin-Carving’
This printable Halloween game is super easy to play! Pupils will roll the dice and find the sum to create their pumpkins. Once they have the sum, they will find the pumpkin part that matches that number to add to their blank pumpkin template. Pupils will take turns rolling and adding until they’ve gotten all of the needed pumpkin parts!
How to Play
- Choose which player will go first. You can do this by ﬂipping a coin or playing ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors.’
- Player 1 rolls the two dice and then matches their sum to the instruction at the top of the pumpkin template. Player 1 adds the corresponding decoration to their pumpkin; e.g., if Player 1’s sum is 2, they add eyes to their pumpkin.
- Player 2 takes their turn, rolling the dice and adding the corresponding decoration to their pumpkin.
- Players continue taking turns rolling and adding decorations to their pumpkins. If a player rolls a sum they have already rolled, they lose their turn, and the play moves to the next player.
- The winner is the first player to add all listed decorations to their pumpkin!
Download and Print Your New Halloween Maths Activity
You’re just a click away from getting your new resources! Use the dropdown arrow on the Download button to select the printable PDF resource file.