Practise finding sums up to 12 with this fun Halloween Maths Game!
Decorate a Pumpkin With An Exciting Halloween Maths Game!
As Halloween draws near, why not add a dash of excitement to your classroom with games that sneakily sharpen maths skills? Picture this: your students can decorate their own pumpkin without the mess.. all while practising addition facts! This Halloween, let’s trade the ordinary for the extraordinary. By embedding play into learning, we can help our students learn addition facts while having fun. This Pumpkin-decorating game is more than just entertainment – it’s a brain-boosting activity that makes numbers come alive.
Pair Up, Roll the Dice, and Start “Pumpkin-Carving”
This printable Halloween game is super easy to play! To create their pumpkins, students will roll the dice and find the sum. Once they have the sum, they will find the pumpkin part that matches that number to add to their blank pumpkin template. Students will take turns rolling and adding until they’ve gotten all of the needed pumpkin parts!
How to Play
- Choose which player will go ﬁrst. You can do this by ﬂipping a coin or playing ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’.
- Player 1 rolls the two dice and then matches their sum to the instruction at the top of the pumpkin template. Player 1 adds the corresponding decoration to their pumpkin, e.g., if Player 1’s sum is 2, they add eyes to their pumpkin.
- Player 2 takes their turn, rolling the dice and adding the corresponding decoration to their pumpkin.
- Players continue to take turns rolling and adding decorations to their pumpkins. If a player rolls a sum they have already rolled, they lose their turn and the play moves to the next player.
- The ﬁrst player to add all of the listed decorations to their pumpkin is the winner!
Download and Print Your New Halloween Maths Activity
You’re just a click away from getting your new resources! Use the dropdown arrow on the Download button to select the printable PDF resource file.