Practice finding sums up to 12 with this fun Halloween pumpkin game!
Spice up your Halloween festivities with this fun game to be played in pairs.
The aim of the game is to finish decorating your Halloween pumpkin before your opponent does!
How to Play
- Choose which player will go ﬁrst. You might like to do this by ﬂipping a coin or playing ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’.
- Player 1 rolls the two dice, then matches their sum to the instruction at the top of the pumpkin template. Player 1 adds the corresponding decoration to their pumpkin, e.g., if Player 1’s sum is 2, they add eyes to their pumpkin.
- Player 2 takes their turn, rolling the dice and adding the corresponding decoration to their pumpkin.
- Players continue to take turns rolling and adding decorations to their pumpkins. If a player rolls a sum they have already rolled, they lose their turn and play moves to the next player.
- The ﬁrst player to add all of the listed decorations to their pumpkin is the winner!
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Add and subtract within 20, demonstrating fluency for addition and subtraction within 10. Use strategies such as counting on; making ten (e.g., 8 + 6 = 8 + 2 + 4 = 10 + 4 = 14); decomposing a number leading to a ten (e.g., 13 - 4 = 13 - 3 - 1 = 10 - ...
Fluently add and subtract within 20 using mental strategies. By end of Grade 2, know from memory all sums of two one-digit numbers.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!