A Lunar New Year themed ‘Year of the Pig’ string puppet template.
Use this printable template to create a Year of the Pig string puppet for Lunar New Year activities and when your students are learning about the Lunar Zodiac Animals.
Print and photocopy the Year of the Pig String Puppet Craft Template. You will need one per student. The puppets can be made using regular paper or using a lightweight card.
- Decorate and cut out each part of the puppet.
- Punch holes through each of the small circles on the template.
- Fold the body of the pig along the two dashed lines (the fold becomes the pig’s belly).
- Glue the ears onto each side of the face. Use split pins or glue to attach the legs, the head and the tail to
- Tape one piece of string to the back of the head and another piece of string to the back of the body near
the tail. Attach the other end of each string to a wooden ruler or pop sticks.
Plan to inspire every child with hundreds of teacher planning and wellness stickers or one of two merit sticker books. Get your free book with a Teach Plus plan.Upgrade to Teach Plus and claim → Learn more
Free Sticker Books Terms & Conditions: The free sticker book offer is only available for 1 claim per active Plus & Ultimate plan members during the promotional period commencing on the 6th December 2019 and closes when stocks run out. To claim the promotional gift, claimants must validate their postal address via our online form. Teach Starter reserves the right to change, amend or end a promotion at any time without notice.
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!