A set of flash cards for the first 100 Fry Sight Words.
Sight word instruction is a crucial part of teaching young students to read. Use these flash cards when introducing your students to the first 100 words on the Fry Sight Word List.
Print out the flash cards on coloured card for added durability. Cut out the cards along the dotted lines and store them in a resealable bag.
Ways to Use These Flash Cards in the Classroom:
- Whenever your class has a spare few minutes and you’re looking for a quick activity to do, why not quiz them using the flashcards. Short, sharp review in this way is very effective!
- These cards are a must to have at your fingertips during guided reading! Use them as a quick warm-up or wrap-up with your reading groups, or hand a few to any students who have finished their work early. You’ll have your students reading in no time!
- Looking for something easy to send home with your struggling readers for extra practice? These will be perfect! They are an easy, yet highly effective resource that parents can use at home.
This resource was created by Heather Chambers, a Teach Starter Collaborator.
Looking for a more engaging way to practise these words with your students? Why not download our Sight Word BINGO resource. Simply click on the link below.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Communication, language and literacy
- Early Years Foundation Stage
English has a pre-eminent place in education and in society. A high-quality education in English will teach pupils to speak and write fluently so that they can communicate their ideas and emotions to others and through their reading and listening, ot...
- Key Stage 1 (KS1)
Key Stage 1 (KS1) covers students in Year 1 and Year 2.
Children read and understand simple sentences. They use phonic knowledge to decode regular words and read them aloud accurately. They also read some common irregular words. They demonstrate understanding when talking with others about what they...
- Word reading
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!