A fun hands-on teaching resource that explores indirect comparisons of objects.
Use this hand-on teaching resource in the classroom to explore indirect comparisons and encourage the use of maths vocabulary. This activity is ideal to use as part of maths groups.
How to use this teaching resource:
- Cut out the balancing scales and assemble using a split pin.
- Cut out the object cards and place on a table (face down).
- Encourage your students to take it in turns to select 2 cards.
- As a group discuss which object is heavy and which object is light (some card comparisons will challenge student thinking and require greater discussion).
- Encourage your students to place the objects on the scale and adjust it’s position accordingly.
Write a review to help other teachers and parents like yourself. If you'd like to request a change to this resource, or report an error, select the corresponding tab above.