A fun, hands-on activity for students to compare the weight of various objects
This hands-on teaching resource is great for students to compare the weight of different objects. This activity would be great to put in a math center.
How to use this teaching resource:
- Cut out the balancing scales and assemble them using a brass fastener.
- Cut out the object cards and place on a table (face down).
- Students take turns choosing 2 cards.
- As a group, discuss which object is heavy and which object is light (some card comparisons will challenge student thinking and require greater discussion).
- Students place the objects on the scale and adjust its position accordingly.