A fun, hands-on activity for students to compare the weight of various objects
This hands-on teaching resource is great for students to compare the weight of different objects. This activity would be great to put in a math center.
How to use this teaching resource:
- Cut out the balancing scales and assemble them using a brass fastener.
- Cut out the object cards and place on a table (face down).
- Students take turns choosing 2 cards.
- As a group, discuss which object is heavy and which object is light (some card comparisons will challenge student thinking and require greater discussion).
- Students place the objects on the scale and adjust its position accordingly.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Describe measurable attributes of objects, such as length or weight. Describe several measurable attributes of a single object.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!