A fun hands-on teaching resource that explores indirect comparisons of objects.
How to use this teaching resource:
- Cut out the balancing scales and assemble using a split pin.
- Cut out the object cards and place on a table (face down).
- Encourage your students to take it in turns to select 2 cards.
- As a group discuss which object is heavy and which object is light (some card comparisons will challenge student thinking and require greater discussion).
- Encourage your students to place the objects on the scale and adjust it’s position accordingly.