A fun hands-on teaching resource that explores indirect comparisons of objects.
How to use this teaching resource:
- Cut out the balancing scales and assemble using a split pin.
- Cut out the object cards and place on a table (face down).
- Encourage your students to take it in turns to select 2 cards.
- As a group discuss which object is heavy and which object is light (some card comparisons will challenge student thinking and require greater discussion).
- Encourage your students to place the objects on the scale and adjust it’s position accordingly.
Australian Curriculum alignment
Use direct and indirect comparisons to decide which is longer, heavier or holds more, and explain reasoning in everyday language
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!