A set of 3 worksheets to help your students identify the language features of persuasive texts.
Students read the three persuasive texts provided and colour code the language features. These include:
- use of the verb ‘to be’ in the present tense
- use of thinking verbs to describe mental processes
- use of connecting words and phrases to link arguments together
- use of cause and effect connectives to show consequences
- use of strong, emotive words to emphasise a point
- use of modality to express different levels of certainty.
The texts included are:
- Dogs Make the Best Pets.
- Homework is Unnecessary.
- Smart Phones Should Be Banned From Classrooms.
Answers for teachers are also provided.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) – Upper
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Upper covers students in Year 5 and Year 6.
By the beginning of year 5, pupils should be able to read aloud a wider range of poetry and books written at an age-appropriate interest level with accuracy and at a reasonable speaking pace. They should be able to read most words effortlessly and to...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!