A set of 3 worksheets to help your students identify the language features of persuasive texts.
Students read the three persuasive texts provided and colour code the language features. These include:
- use of the verb ‘to be’ in the present tense
- use of thinking verbs to describe mental processes
- use of connecting words and phrases to link arguments together
- use of cause and effect connectives to show consequences
- use of strong, emotive words to emphasise a point
- use of modality to express different levels of certainty.
The texts included are:
- Dogs Make the Best Pets.
- Homework is Unnecessary.
- Smart Phones Should Be Banned From Classrooms.
Answers for teachers are also provided.