An initial sound and fine motor activity for younger students.
Use this teaching resource in the early years classroom when teaching letter recognition and initial sound recognition.
This fine motor activity is ideal to use in small groups during literacy rotations.
- Print the resource on thick card to ensure durability.
- Cut along the dotted lines to create small peg cards.
- Provide the students with the cards, along with some wooden pegs.
- Support the students to identify the letter on the card, and the sound made by that letter.
- Name the pictures along the bottom of the card, then place the peg on the picture that corresponds to the initial sound.