An active PowerPoint game to practise reading and identifying long and short vowel ‘i’ words.
Your students will love practising reading and identifying long and short vowel ‘i’ words with this active game!
How to Play
- Students can write their answers on the recording sheet provided, in their workbooks or on whiteboards (for a paperless game).
- Display Question 1 using ‘Slide Show’ mode and have the students record their answers. You can choose to complete the questions together or have the students complete them on their own for a fun assessment.
- When you come to a MOVE IT slide, students stand and complete the exercise. Then they sit back down to prepare for the next question. This is a quick and simple game that requires no scorekeeping and gets the students up and moving!
A complete set of instructions and an answer key are included in the download.
This resource was created by Lauren Piper, a Teach Starter Collaborator.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Communication, language and literacy
- Early Years Foundation Stage
English has a pre-eminent place in education and in society. A high-quality education in English will teach pupils to speak and write fluently so that they can communicate their ideas and emotions to others and through their reading and listening, ot...
- Key Stage 1 (KS1)
Key Stage 1 (KS1) covers students in Year 1 and Year 2.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!