A template for students to use when writing about their ideal world.
Use this writing prompt to encourage students to visualise, illustrate and write about their ideal world.
How to use this resource
- Have the students close their eyes and visualise their ideal world. Encourage them to think about what it looks like, sounds like, feels like and smells like. Students could even complete a Five Senses Graphic Organiser in order to record some of their initial ideas.
- Have the students draw an illustration of their ideal world inside the snow globe. Encourage them to include as much detail as possible.
- Have the students describe their ideal world on the lines below the snow globe. You might like to provide them with some possible sentence starters, such as:
- My ideal world is called…
- If I could live anywhere, I would live…
- I would like to live in a world that…
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Communication, language and literacy
- Early Years Foundation Stage
English has a pre-eminent place in education and in society. A high-quality education in English will teach pupils to speak and write fluently so that they can communicate their ideas and emotions to others and through their reading and listening, ot...
- Key Stage 1 (KS1)
Key Stage 1 (KS1) covers students in Year 1 and Year 2.
Children use their phonic knowledge to write words in ways which match their spoken sounds. They also write some irregular common words. They write simple sentences which can be read by themselves and others. Some words are spelt correctly and o...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!