A template for students to use when writing about their ideal world.
Use this writing prompt to encourage students to visualize, illustrate, and write about their ideal world.
How to use this resource
- Have the students close their eyes and visualize their ideal world. Encourage them to think about what it looks like, sounds like, feels like, and smells like. Students could even complete a Five Senses Graphic Organizer in order to record some of their initial ideas.
- Have the students draw an illustration of their ideal world inside the snow globe. Encourage them to include as much detail as possible.
- Have the students describe their ideal world on the lines below the snow globe. Upper-grade students can use this as an initial brainstorming activity, then transfer their writing to a larger piece of work. You might like to provide them with some possible sentence starters, such as:
- My ideal world is called…
- If I could live anywhere, I would live…
- I would like to live in a world that…
Write a review to help other teachers and parents like yourself. If you'd like to request a change to this resource, or report an error, select the corresponding tab above.