A template for students to use when writing about their ideal world.
Use this writing prompt to encourage students to visualise, illustrate and write about their ideal world.
How to use this resource
- Have the students close their eyes and visualise their ideal world. Encourage them to think about what it looks like, sounds like, feels like and smells like. Students could even complete a Five Senses Graphic Organiser in order to record some of their initial ideas.
- Have the students draw an illustration of their ideal world inside the snow globe. Encourage them to include as much detail as possible.
- Have the students describe their ideal world on the lines below the snow globe. You might like to provide them with some possible sentence starters, such as:
- My ideal world is called…
- If I could live anywhere, I would live…
- I would like to live in a world that…
Australian Curriculum alignment
Create short texts to explore, record and report ideas and events using familiar words and beginning writing knowledgeElaborationsusing image-making and beginning writing to represent characters and events in written, film and web-based texts (Skills...
Create short imaginative and informative texts that show emerging use of appropriate text structure, sentence-level grammar, word choice, spelling, punctuation and appropriate multimodal elements, for example illustrations and diagramsElaborationsref...
Create short imaginative, informative and persuasive texts using growing knowledge of text structures and language features for familiar and some less familiar audiences, selecting print and multimodal elements appropriate to the audience and purpose...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!